We are pleased to announce the 20th Annual Masters Concerto and Aria Competition sponsored by the Kenwood Symphony Orchestra!
Created by the KSO in 1998, the Masters Concerto and Aria Competition (MCAC) is a classical music competition for adult amateur or emerging professional musicians seeking the opportunity to compete with their peers and perform with a live orchestra.
- Applications due Friday, October 27, 2017. The first 25 applications in each category will be accepted.
- Emerging Professional auditions Saturday, November 11, 2017
- Amateur auditions Sunday, November 12, 2017
- MCAC concert(s): Weekend of March 24, 2018
Here are some of the key contest rules. See the contest application for the full contest rules.
- Contestants perform a selection of their choice for a panel of judges. At least 3 winners will be chosen to perform with the Kenwood Symphony Orchestra on the MCAC concert.
- All contestants must be at least 25 years of age.
- Emerging Professionals are current/recent music students with advanced degrees & people with some relevant professional experience
- Amateurs are people without relevant professional music experience
- Single-movement pieces (e.g. 1 movement of concerto) have a 20 minute time limit. Multi-movement pieces (e.g. 2 related arias) have a 15 minute time limit.
Please apply on-line by using one of the below buttons, or print the contest application and apply by mail.
For questions, please e-mail the MCAC Coordinator or call Julie Pronovici at (763) 535-9824.
To become an MCAC donor:
Donations to Kenwood Symphony Orchestra can be sent to our mailing address:
P.O. Box 19591
Minneapolis, MN 55419
You can also donate on-line via GiveMN, a collaborative venture to transform philanthropy in Minnesota..