We are pleased to announce the results of the 20th Annual Masters Concerto and Aria Competition sponsored by the Kenwood Symphony Orchestra!
The winners of this year’s competition are:
- Mark Brudevold, flute, playing Hanson’s “Serenade for Flute, Harp, and Strings”
- Jeehoon Kim, baritone, singing from Rossini’s Il barbiere di Siviglia: “Largo al factotum della citta”
- Young Eun Lee, soprano, singing from Offenbach’s Les Contest d’Hoffman: “Les oiseaux dans la charmille”
- Bingjie Liu, piano, playing Saint-Saens’ Piano Concerto No. 2 in G minor, mvmt. 1
- Jieun Park, violin, playing Saint-Saens’ “Havanaise”
- Patricia Ryan, cello, playing Saint-Saens’ Cello Concerto No. 1, mvmt. 3
- Adrienne Stankey, piano, playing Prokofiev’s Piano Concerto No. 3, mvmt. 1
- Leah Carver, soprano, signing from Dvorak’s Rusalka: “Song to the Moon”
- Heather Hjelle, soprano, singing from Mascagni’s Cavalleria Rusticana: “Voi lo sapete”
Save the Date for the 2018 competition: November 10-11, 2018. Here is the 2017 contest application for your reference.
For questions, please e-mail the MCAC Coordinator or call Julie Pronovici at (763) 535-9824.
To become an MCAC donor:
Donations to Kenwood Symphony Orchestra can be sent to our mailing address:
P.O. Box 19591
Minneapolis, MN 55419
You can also donate on-line via GiveMN, a collaborative venture to transform philanthropy in Minnesota..