We are pleased to announce the results of the 22nd Annual Masters Concerto and Aria Competition sponsored by the Kenwood Symphony Orchestra!
The winners of this year’s competition are:
- Heather Hjelle, voice, singing from Wagner’s Tannhauser: “Dich Teure Halle”
- Adrienne Johnson, piano, playing Rachmaninoff’s Piano Concerto No. 2, mvmt. 1
- Daniel Keeler, cello, playing Lalo’s Cello Concerto in D minor, mvmt. 1
- Jimin Lee, voice, singing from Gounod’s Faust: “Jewel Song”
- Amos Lucidi, piano, playing Ravel’s Concerto for the Left Hand
- Michael Min, voice, singing from Puccini’s Tosca: “E lucevan le stelle”
- Christopher Raddatz, clarinet, playing Debussy’s Première rhapsodie
- Beth Blackledge, flute, playing Mozart’s Flute Concerto in G major, mvmt. 3
- Rebecca Kimpton, english horn, playing Stephenson’s Concerto for English Horn and Strings, mvmt. 1
- Courtney Wiley, voice, singing from Saint-Saëns’ Samson et Dalila: “Mon coeur s’ouvre a ta voix”
- Wenshuai Zhang, piano, playing Prokofiev’s Piano Concerto No. 2, mvmt. 1
Save the Date for the 2020 competition: November 14-15, 2019.
Here is the 2019 contest application for your reference.
For questions, please e-mail the MCAC Coordinator or call Julie Pronovici at (763) 535-9824.
To become an MCAC donor:
Donations to Kenwood Symphony Orchestra can be sent to our mailing address:
P.O. Box 19591
Minneapolis, MN 55419
You can also donate on-line via GiveMN, a collaborative venture to transform philanthropy in Minnesota..