We are pleased to announce the 21th Annual Masters Concerto and Aria Competition sponsored by the Kenwood Symphony Orchestra!
Created by the KSO in 1998, the Masters Concerto and Aria Competition (MCAC) is a classical music competition for adult amateur or emerging professional musicians seeking the opportunity to compete with their peers and perform with a live orchestra.
- Applications due Friday, October 26, 2018. The first 25 applications in each category will be accepted.
- Emerging Professional auditions Saturday, November 10, 2018
- Amateur auditions Sunday, November 11, 2018
- MCAC concert: Saturday, March 23, 2019
Here are some of the key contest rules. See the contest application for the full contest rules.
- Contestants perform a selection of their choice for a panel of judges. At least 3 winners will be chosen to perform with the Kenwood Symphony Orchestra on the MCAC Winners’ Showcase.
- All contestants must be at least 25 years of age.
- Emerging Professionals are current/recent music students with advanced degrees & people with some relevant professional experience
- Amateurs are people without relevant professional music experience
- Time limit for the competition is 15 minutes. Exceptions will be granted for 1 movement of a
concerto or larger work, up to 20 minutes. Multiple movements are allowed from the same concerto/opera/larger work.
Please apply on-line by using one of the below buttons, or print the contest application and apply by mail.
For questions, please e-mail the MCAC Coordinator or call Julie Pronovici at (763) 535-9824.
To become an MCAC donor:
Donations to Kenwood Symphony Orchestra can be sent to our mailing address:
P.O. Box 19591
Minneapolis, MN 55419
You can also donate on-line via GiveMN, a collaborative venture to transform philanthropy in Minnesota..