We are pleased to announce the results of the 21st Annual Masters Concerto and Aria Competition sponsored by the Kenwood Symphony Orchestra!
The winners of this year’s competition are:
- Brian Hadley, bassoon, playing Rota’s Concerto for Bassoon, mvmt. 3
- Jiyeon Hwang, soprano, singing from Donizetti’s Don Pasquale: “Quel guardo il Cavaliere … So anch’io la virtù magica”
- Seongkyeong Kim, piano, playing Beethoven’s Piano concerto No. 4, mvmt. 1
- Xin Lin, piano, playing Prokofiev’s Piano Concerto No.3, mvmt. 3
- Kristin Morant, soprano, singing from Mozart’s Die Entführung aus dem Serail: “Martern aller Arten”
- Salam Murtada, piano, playing Beethoven’s Piano Concerto No. 4, mvmt. 1
- Hocheol Shin, cello, playing Schumann’s Cello Concerto Op.129, mvmt. 1
- Amanda Verstegen, soprano, singing from Donizetti’s Linda di Chamounix: “Ah! tardai troppo…O luce di quest’ anima”
Save the Date for the 2019 competition: November 16-17, 2019.
Here is the 2018 contest application for your reference.
For questions, please e-mail the MCAC Coordinator or call Julie Pronovici at (763) 535-9824.
To become an MCAC donor:
Donations to Kenwood Symphony Orchestra can be sent to our mailing address:
P.O. Box 19591
Minneapolis, MN 55419
You can also donate on-line via GiveMN, a collaborative venture to transform philanthropy in Minnesota..